If you’re anything like me, you ordered your child’s halloween costume way back in August when they first became available online. A month later, you changed your mind. Then, you changed your mind again.
And again. And again. And again.
Until finally it was the weekend before Halloween and you ordered the very best costume you could find on Etsy.
I hightailed it to Michael’s, made a quick stop inside Babies R’ Us, and rounded the trip with JoAnn’s before heading home and starting her costume.
After all, why leave to others what you can do best yourself?
Oh, I almost forgot.
She's caught in a spider's web.
1. Carter's white long-sleeved onesie with iron transfer spider image.
2. Black long-sleeved Gap T-shirt with white puffy paint.
3. Carter's white short-sleeved onesie with iron transfer spider web image.
4. Homemade spider headband and semi-homemade shirt. Skirt by Amy Coe. Black tights by Gap.
1. Bloody font for sign from here. 2. Own dog mat and bowl. 3. Fingers and eyeballs from Michaels. 4. Spider body made by wrapping a feather boa around a styrofoam ball, attaching with sewing pins. Legs made with large pipe cleaners.
On Halloween, the local police shut down my neighborhood. Car entry is prohibited. It becomes a pedestrian paradise for trick-or-treaters.
And this is our first year of joining in the fun!
We decided to give our house a little trick and a little treat as a witches lair - complete with spider guards.
1. Black spider web and spiders from GrandinRoad ($29).
2. Black floral wreath made by me, idea from Family Circle.
2. White spider webs and small plastic spiders from Michaels ($1.99 -$4.99).
3. White pumpkins spray painted with black metallic paint.
Starting today and every post leading up to Halloween, I’ll show you how to make a lair of your own.
After what's felt like forever, we finally received the results to Babes's EEG...normal.
We are beyond blessed that everything turned out OK. While we still don't know what's causing her to shudder, at least we know that she is neurologically fine and we feel confident that things will continue to work themselves out.
I'll resume normal blogging next Monday. I need to go hug my little girl one more time.